How It Works
To tow the trailer, please consider the following:
- In order to use your own vehicle, confirm that it meets the 3 vehicle requirements listed below.
- We also rent out tow vehicles.
- We provide all towing and safety equipment.
- When picking up the trailer, we provide a complete walkthrough, including instructions on how to hitch and unhitch the trailer.
- When using your own vehicle, there is no mileage limit. When using a rented tow vehicle, included miles are calculated at 150 miles/night.
There are 3 things to confirm on your personal vehicle to ensure that you can safely tow the trailer.
1) Hitch Receiver
The rear of your vehicle must have a square 2-inch hitch receiver.
2) Pin Connector
The vehicle must have a 7-way connection with a hinged cover.
3) Tow Capacity
Confirm that the tow limit of your vehicle exceeds the trailer’s gross vehicle weight rating (GWVR).
Check Your Vehicle's Tow RatingRotate screen to check your vehicle's tow rating.
Check Your Vehicle's Tow Rating
For those who do not want to tow, we offer delivery services that also includes a complete set-up of the silver trailer at a destination of your choice. For all deliveries, please consider the following:
- Renters will not be allowed to tow the trailer upon delivery. Those who are interested in towing must pick up the trailer from GoSilver’s facility in San Jose, California.
- For deliveries to an RV park, the renter is responsible for reserving the RV site prior to the delivery.
- For deliveries to private property, the delivery site must be flat and large enough to turn around a vehicle and a trailer.
- Pricing is calculated at $3.50/mile for the roundtrip to/from San Jose. $200 minimum.
- The maximum roundtrip delivery is 200 miles. This coverage area extends south to Big Sur and north to Napa. We do not deliver into the city of San Francisco.
- Deliveries and retrievals occur between 12PM – 5PM.
- Renters must be present upon delivery in order to receive a walkthrough on how to use the trailer.
To Make a Reservation:
- Choose a trailer. From the trailer details page, select your start and end dates to view an estimate.
- On the trailer details page, submit a request form to provide your contact information and ask questions.
- We will confirm availability and send you an online quote to make the $500 reservation deposit.
Cancellation Policy: If cancelling more than 30 days before the start of reservation, the deposit is refundable less a $50 processing fee. If cancelling less than 30 days before the start of reservation, the deposit is non-refundable. However, the deposit is transferrable up to 1 year past the original booking.
For all confirmed rentals:
- One week before the rental, we will contact you to confirm included amenities.
- The remaining balance is charged the day before the trip begins.
- Pickup is at 2pm and return is at 2pm. Deliveries are scheduled case-by-case.
- In the event of damage or an accident, a maximum of $1200 may be charged for repairs or insurance claims.
Insurance is a necessary part of renting a trailer. We make it as easy as possible so you can drive with peace of mind. There are two options:
- Our insurance company offers our customers a $1m liability and $200k comprehensive/collision insurance policy. Depending on the size of trailer and length of trip, the insurance cost is $25-$35/day. If damage occurs, a maximum of $1200 may be charged to cover the deductible.
- Alternatively, you may contact your insurance agent to purchase a binder which extends liability coverage to the rented trailer. The binder must list the rented trailer by VIN. If damage occurs, the renter pays a deductible directly to their personal insurance provider. Contact us for help on how to obtain a binder.
For more information about insurance, read the Frequently Asked Questions.