How It Works
To tow the trailer, please consider the following:
- In order to use your own vehicle, confirm that it meets the vehicle requirements.
- We also rent out tow vehicles.
- We provide all towing and safety equipment.
- When picking up the trailer, we provide a complete walkthrough, including instructions on how to hitch and unhitch the trailer.
- When using your own vehicle, there is no mileage limit. When using a rented tow vehicle, included miles are calculated at 150 miles/night.
There are 3 things to confirm on your personal vehicle to ensure that you can safely tow the trailer.
The rear of your vehicle must have a square 2-inch hitch receiver.
The vehicle must have a 7-way connection with a hinged cover.
For those who do not want to tow, we offer delivery services that also includes a complete set-up of the silver trailer at a destination of your choice. For all deliveries, please consider the following:
- Renters will not be allowed to tow the trailer upon delivery. Those who are interested in towing must pick up the trailer from GoSilver’s facility in San Jose, California.
- For deliveries to an RV park, the renter is responsible for reserving the RV site prior to the delivery.
- For deliveries to private property, the delivery site must be flat and large enough to turn around a vehicle and a trailer.
- Pricing is calculated at $3.50/mile for the roundtrip to/from San Jose. $200 minimum.
- The maximum roundtrip delivery is 200 miles. This coverage area extends south to Big Sur and north to Napa. We do not deliver into the city of San Francisco.
- Deliveries and retrievals occur between 12PM – 5PM.
- Renters must be present upon delivery in order to receive a walkthrough on how to use the trailer.
To Make a Reservation:
- Choose an trailer. From the trailer details page, select your start and end dates to view an estimate.
- On the trailer details page, submit a request form to provide your contact information and ask questions.
- We will confirm availability and send you an online quote to make the $500 reservation deposit.
Cancellation Policy: If cancelling more than 30 days before the start of reservation, the deposit is refundable less a $50 processing fee. If cancelling less than 30 days before the start of reservation, the deposit is non-refundable. However, the deposit is transferrable up to 1 year past the original booking.
For all confirmed rentals:
- One week before the rental, we will contact you to confirm included amenities.
- The remaining balance is charged the day before the trip begins.
- Pickup is at 2pm and return is at 2pm. Deliveries are scheduled case-by-case.
- In the event of damage or an accident, a maximum of $1200 may be charged for repairs or insurance claims.
Insurance is a necessary part of renting a trailer. We make it as easy as possible so you can drive with peace of mind. There are two options:
- Our insurance company offers our customers a $1m liability and $200k comprehensive/collision insurance policy. Depending on the size of trailer and length of trip, the insurance cost is $25-$35/day. If damage occurs, a maximum of $1200 may be charged to cover the deductible.
- Alternatively, you may contact your insurance agent to purchase a binder which extends liability coverage to the rented trailer. The binder must list the rented trailer by VIN. If damage occurs, the renter pays a deductible directly to their personal insurance provider. Contact us for help on how to obtain a binder.
For more information about insurance, read the Frequently Asked Questions.